Saturday means Pancakes!!
Every Saturday I make the boys pancakes for their breakfast. They love them. I love them. I can’t think of a better feeling then being able to feed your children, them loving the food and knowing their little tummies are full!!
After having Rudy I had to lose a lot of weight to get back into shape for work but I still wanted to make and eat Pancakes with Dylan so I tried out a few ‘healthier’ recipes. There were a lot of recipes which were trial and error. Some Dylan really didn't like because they just didn't have that amazing taste and texture. He tends not to like the ones without flour. So my mission is to find the best recipe with the healthiest flour which Dylan and now Rudy will love as much as the fluffy American Pancakes I make with Self Rasing flour.
Every week I'm going to upload pics and recipes to hopefully inspire you to make healthier pancakes (maybe with the odd exception here or there), if you have any tips or ideas please please let me know. Also as much as I adore the woman, I ain’t no Nigella so please don't expect this to be super profess I will also get into the swing of taking step by step pics, you lucky things!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 1/3 cup of blended Gluten free Oats
- A generous amount of Cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Maple syrup
- Blitz the Oats in a food processor (I used my Nutri Bullet)
- Mash the banana in a bowl using a fork
- Beat the eggs in separate bowl
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl
- Add the pinch of salt
- Gently mix altogether
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat adding a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Dollop 3 or 4 small ladles of the mixture onto the pan when its hot
- Give it 30 secs or wait for bubbles to appear, using a spatula flip them gently
- Give it another 30 seconds on the other side
- Transfer them to a plate and use up the rest of the mixture
- Once all cooked, add your fresh berries or what ever fruit you desire, cover with Maple Syrup
- TUCK IN